11 Nov 2010

Tales from a Travelodge/Dinosaurs Walk the Streets

Here are my creative gatherings from the last couple of days...plus a little help from small children somewhere, being creative in their inimitable ways.

8th November:

9 plus pm

Tomorrow I have to get up
VERY EARLY
hence I am avoiding all
eye contact
with clock faces
eye
know
eye
should be asleep by
now
but I want to first
write words
stretch bend breathe
sit
still
then I hope to sleep.
Under gaze of the clock's watchful eye

....

9th November

Photo below: Filthy Woman (travelodge bathroom)






































Travelodge

Soaking up silence
There's a bible next to the bed
placed by The Gideons
so it says.
I've always liked that name
Gideon.
Ernest, Celestine and Gideon
in the snow.
Winter.
Doesn't he get replaced?
Gideon 1 by
Gideon 2
similar but different
the same but different

I say (in my head)
Lord, what would you like me to see today?
Isaiah appears
(not quite in the same way as God appeared to Isaiah if I remember rightly.
Not in a Travelodge)
The Lord that is there on the pages
is not the same Lord
I recognise and love 
in all his male female beyond binary forms.
This Lord
so I am told
will
"wash away the filth of the women of Zion"
now I am reading out of context, but -
a roll of inner eye and resigned sigh -
why filth?
why filth of women?
I wonder what they did
or didn't do.

Then that section ends with talk of a canopy over
all the glory
of Mount Zion, and
"It will be a shelter and a shade from the heat of the day, and a 
refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain".
Which is a bit like a Travelodge.
Except I'm not filthy
I've just had a shower.

.....
9th November

Thank you to the boy who entertained us from the car in front on the journey home. Amazing faces, great gurning and the bag-on-the-head-zombie-arms were a joy to behold. You gave lots of adults a reminder to make silly faces too.

And thank you to the children who drew dinosaurs and dropped their drawings as gifts on the street. They stomp on:


No comments:

Post a Comment